Livingston Memorial Visiting
Nurse Association History
Livingston Memorial Visiting Nurse Association was founded in 1947 by a group of civic-minded business and professional people who saw a need for the provision of home care services as an alternative to institutionalizing the frail, elderly, sick and disabled.
The agency is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization serving the community as part of the health care delivery system in cooperation with other organizations.
In 1965 Livingston became licensed and certified by Medicare as a home health agency. In 1981 the Livingston Memorial Visiting Nurse Association affiliated with the Livingston Memorial Foundation, a separate foundation in our county, which supports our mission of subsidized care.
In 1987 the agency developed a Medicare-certified hospice program to provide skilled professional care for terminally ill patients. This incorporated skilled nursing care with a multidisciplinary team designed to meet the physical, emotional and spiritual needs of the terminally ill person and his/her family.
In 2003 our palliative care program was developed to complement our home health and hospice care.
In 2015 we were again granted accreditation by The Joint Commission (TJC). Accreditation is given only after an extensive onsite review confirming that national standards of excellence in home healthcare have been met.
- Livingston History
- Staff & Board
- Leadership Team
- Team Livingston
- Mission Statement
- Non-Profit Status
- Statement of Purpose
- Watch Our
- Dr. Dial Discusses Hospice Care
- Video on Senior Healthcare
- Dr. Lanyard Dial’s
Ethics in Healthcare
- Annual Reports